Blue Sapphire Classic - May 3rd and 4th, 2014
PLEASE NOTE: Read the No Bag Policy!
1. All ENTRY forms must be submitted no later than April 7th, 2014 - NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Be sure to send your registration money and consent form to:
Penn State Blue Sapphire Classic:
C/o Kathy Bamat
101 Blue Band Building
University Park, PA 16802
Note: We MUST have signed consent prior to the start of the competition.
3. Please make checks payable to "Penn State Blue Sapphire Classic."
4. There will be a fee for all returned checks.
5. No refunds will be issued, only credits towards future competitions.
6. There is no door fee, but a $25 Facility Fee has been tacked onto all entries.
Please note, if you have more than one child, you only need to pay once. If you are entering as a team member only, the $25 fee still applies.
7. Saturday - Doors open at 4:30 pm, Contest begins at 5:00 PM (Teams/Rhythmics/ShowTwirl)
Music CD with NAME can be turned in at the head table as soon as doors open.
8. Sunday - Doors open at 7:15 am, Contest begins at 8:00 am (All individual events)
9. We will be following a set system, if you miss your event, you will be disqualified.
10. Contest Location: Rec Hall, University Park, PA 16802
Located along Atherton St. across from the golf course.
11. Event Parking: Nittany parking deck offers close and easily accessible parking for Rec Hall events as does RED A parking lot located off of Atherton St. below the golf course.
12. This is an NBTA Sanctioned competition and all NBTA Judge's decisions are final.
13. To view the NBTA rules, click here.
14. There is absolutely no videotaping - other than your own child.
15. Double-entering IS allowed. Please understand that if a contestant wins at a higher level than what they were previously competing at, they are required by NBTA rules to stay at that level from now on.
16. What is the Blue Sapphire Classic 3-part event?
Twirlers will compete in their best appearing (costumes only), x-strut (basic strut for novice), and solo.
Scores from the 3 separate events will be combined for an overall winner.
Scoring = 20% best appearing, 40% strut, 40% solo
This is an OPEN pageant - it does not qualify you for the national championship, but associated wins MUST be counted, according to NBTA Rules.
17. Penn State University/ Contest Officials are NOT responsible for loss of goods, injury, or accidents.
18. Host Hotels: The Sleep Inn and Comfort Inn and Suites (MENTION BSC!)
Sleep Inn (PA421) - 111 Village Dr., State College, PA, US, 16803
Phone: (814) 235-1020
Fax: (814) 235-1388
$69/night -- This hotel offers a hot complimentary breakfast and is less than half a mile from the competition.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION BSC
Comfort Suites (PA 276) - 132 Village Dr., State College, PA 16803
Phone: (814) 235-1900 Fax: (814) 234-5530
$79/night -- Map and Directions
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION BSC
19. Program books may be purchased underneath the bleachers at the registration table for $5. By buying a program book, your name will be entered to be on the cover of next year's book!
20. Practice area is available!
21. All modeling will be done in Costume ONLY.
22. No parents or coaches will be permitted on the competition floor.
23. NEW THIS YEAR: We will be giving away an award to the coach who has the most students competing in BSC 2014!
24. No outside food/drink is allowed in the gymnasium.
25. Want to be a vendor at our competition? Contact Kathy Bamat for details.
26. Questions? Contact PJ Maierhofer - P: 814-934-7575 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
27. Get excited!!!! I know WE ARE! :)